Student Consumer Information

The U.S. Department of Education requires institutions to disclose certain information by program, including: occupations the program prepares students to enter; on-time graduation rate; total tuition, fees, and costs for the program; certain placement rates for program graduates; and median loan debt for program graduates.

Terms And Conditions Under Which Students Receive Federal Loans

The Federal loan programs provide funds to undergraduate and graduate students to assist them in meeting their educational expenses. To qualify for Federal Loan program funds, the student must meet the eligibility requirements for Federal Student Aid as well as the loan program specific terms and conditions specified below:

Federal Direct Loan

The student (parent in the case of PLUS loans) must complete and sign a valid Master Promissory Note.
The student must be enrolled at least half-time to receive Direct Loan program funds. A student whose enrollment status is below half-time is not eligible for Direct Loan program funds. If eligibility is lost due to being enrolled less than half-time, a student can regain eligibility if enrolled at least half-time during a subsequent period of enrollment.
A student who is borrowing a loan for the first time is required to participate in loan entrance counseling prior to the first disbursement of the loan. The first disbursement of a loan cannot be made earlier than 30 days after the start of the term or period of enrollment.
Financial Aid Administrators may not perform credit checks on students in connection with awarding them Direct Loan program funds, except in cases of graduate PLUS loans.
A student borrower who is in default on a Federal student loan is not eligible for additional Direct Loan funds unless eligibility is regained by resolving the existing default.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress while enrolled at the school. Failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress could result in ineligibility for Federal Student Aid. The Satisfactory Academic Progress information is contained in the school catalog.

Financial Aid Loan Management

Each first-time student borrower is required to complete loan entrance counseling conducted individually, in a group, or online. The interview will include:

. An explanation of the use of a Master Promissory Note (MPN).
. The importance of the repayment obligation.
. A description of the consequences of default.
. Sample repayment schedules.
. Information in reference to borrower’s rights and responsibilities.

Upcoming graduates, students who officially withdraw, or students who cease to attend at least half-time will be required to complete the exit counseling session.

Students who leave school without attending an exit counseling session will receive an exit counseling package mailed by the campus. Exit counseling addresses topics such as the requirement to repay the loan, repayment plans, updating contact and demographic information, the consequences of default. Please see The Financial Aid Loan Exit Counseling section below for additional information.

Federal Student Aid Ombudsman Notification

Students who receive Federal student loans sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) which states the student is obligated to repay the student loan funds regardless of the student’s graduation, withdrawal from school, or inability to obtain employment. The Federal Direct Stafford Loan program offers students many different repayment options. Students are responsible for selecting the appropriate payment plan to suit their needs. The school’s Financial Aid Office is available to review the different repayment options. If at any time a student becomes delinquent on a loan, it is the student’s responsibility to contact the school or lender to determine what options are available to the student.

Financial Aid Loan Management Terms And Conditions Under Which Students Receive Federal Loans

National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U. S. Department of Education’s central database for Federal Student Aid.

Student financial aid information is submitted to the NSLDS from schools, guarantee agencies, the Direct Loan program, the Pell grant program, and other Department of Education programs.

NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Federal Student Aid loans and grants so that recipients of funds from these programs can access and inquire about the Federal Student Aid loans and/or grant data.

Once a student’s data is reported to NSLDS, this site and all of the student’s information contained within is accessible to Financial Aid Administrators, and guarantee agencies.

In addition, students may access their own financial aid information by visiting this site. All users must sign-in and be an authorized user. Visit the National Student Loan Data System website.

Notificación al Ombudsman de ayuda federal para estudiantes

Students should contact the Financial Aid Administrator at the school with any questions or concerns regarding Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans.

If a situation exists that a Financial Aid Administrator cannot resolve, students should follow procedures in the school catalog regarding Problem Resolution.

The U.S. Department of Education’s Ombudsman Office for student loan issues is also available. The Ombudsman operates as a neutral party and informally researches and attempts to resolve a borrower’s issue.

Student borrowers can contact the Office of the Ombudsman via:

  • For online Assistance, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
  • Toll-Free Telephone: 1.877.557.2575 Fax:
  • Mail: U.S. Department of Education, FSA Ombudsman, 830 First Street N.E., Washington, D.C. 20202.

Consumer Information From The U.S.

Students and financial aid staff should reference the U.S. Department of Education websites for information regarding the regulations, requirements, and applications for Federal Student Aid. There is no user fee for using D Financial Aid sites.

For more information, visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
To apply for Federal Student Aid, visit the Federal Student Aid website.

Skip to content